Saturday, October 24, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Orange, Purple, and Green (+ Splatter) and NCC Funky French


Today is was Friday and so it's another prompt for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas! Today I bring you Orange, Purple, and Green plus Splatter. Yep, it's a color and design prompt! Also, I've added in The Nail Challenge Collaborative prompt of Funky French! It's a two for one day!



So why is it that when you create a splatter mani it looks all fabulous and then you try to add just a teeny tiny bit more and BLAM! Massive gloop of polish! Does this happen to anyone else? Bah!

For the base I used: China Glaze Papaya Punch and China Glaze Def Defying, For the splatters I used Papaya Punch and Def Defying as well as:China Glaze Mummy May I and China Glaze It's Alive (two older China Glaze Halloween polishes, of course I had to use them!).

So after splattering I tried to figure out how to create a funky french, I used black acrylic paint to create a normal french tip that I added (a la Tim Burton). I didn't leave it alone there, of course not. I decided create witch stockings and shoes using the Def Defying and Papaya Punch. I added Essie Matte About You.

What do you think? I'm thinking I should have just left the funky french without the stripes. Also, should have not added that last little splatter. Meh, whatever! :)


Look how pretty my UberChic mat looked after my splattering! So pretty! :)


Here's the collage for last week's prompt of Geeks!

Don't forget to check out the other amazing nail art ideas!



Don't forget to check out the other funky french manis!