Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Re-Creations Week: Grey and Yellow Floral by Pointless Cafe


Day 4 of The Digit-al Dozen Does Re-Creations Week and today I have some actual free-hand nail art! For the win! I feel in love with the original version of this mani because of the colors and the simple yet complex overall idea. Who's mani is it?

Sheila from Pointless Cafe! She is so super creative and artistic in her manis and life. Oh and I totally want her amazing closet! :)


I used China Glaze Concrete Catwalk and acrylic paint for the yellow and black with Poshe Top Coat. Her dots are more nicely random (I can't do random dots, they always end up in rows, and then I fix them and then they are all crowded - nail polish problems). But I do absolutely love my first flower on my middle finger! I love the painterly quality to it! I channeled my inner Sheila for that! My second flower I made it to look like those thin nail art flowers that you can buy to glue on to manis. I wanted a bit of texture so I kept adding paint before it dried fully. I don't know, it was fun that's all! :)


I really love these colors together, really brightens the day! I love having Sheila in the group, she's a real hoot! She's all about the coffee! I love seeing her painting skills come to life on her canvases (nails and real canvases).

Thank you Sheila for your contribution to our DD family!

Don't forget to check out the other amazing ladies!