Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Re-Creations Week: Black & White Day - Adipose Nail Art by Adventures in Acetone


Day 3 of The Digit-al Dozen Does Re-Creations Week and today I bring you some fat. Such cute little fatties! These are Adipose (little aliens made from fat) from Doctor Who! And who's absolutely fantastic mani do I re-create?

Jacki from Adventures in Acetone (just in case you didn't read the title!) Of course hers is free-hand with a tutorial. Mine, well, mine are a stamp because I had a feeling I would screw up their cute little faces........oh wait I still did! Hahahahahahaha!


Pretty basic on the polishes: BarryM Espresso (a matte polish) and Konad White. I used My Online Shop MJXII for the adipose. And I used my Clear Jelly Stamper for the first time. It was a bit finicky but finally I was able to work with it and love it! So nice to be able to see through the handle to where you are stamping!


I really love how each of my adipose have different personalities because of the stamping. We have (top to bottom): normal happy adipose, mean nasty adipose, girly feminine adipose (see her lashes, or she could be from the band KISS), and finally silly goofy adipose.

I love that Jacki adds Doctor Who references to her manis (like many of us DDs). And I have always loved her tutorials. She makes everything look so easy and effortless!

Thank you Jacki for your contribution to our DD family!

Don't forget to check out the other amazing ladies!