Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Patterns on Patterns: Kissed Smooshed Camo


Eeeks! Surprise! Surprise! I have a right hand! Rarely does it ever get in the spotlight, good reason too: my left hand stinks at nail art and painting! But as I didn't want to take off my Flowers over Dots mani I created this one on my other hand.


So I started out with two coats of BarryM Waikiki. I then did the Smoosh Attack that I learned from Roberta's (Bob Plats with Polish) IG photo here. (Found out that Elle aka @with21 on IG invented the Smoosh Attack) Funny thing is that Amanda from Lady Maid Nails also did a version of this technique yesterday! I wish I would have thought to do lighter colors like Amanda did. There's always another day! :)

I smooshed together BarryM Chai, BarryM Mustard, and BarryM Watermelon. I then stamped using China Glaze Infra Red and MoYou Hipster 08 topped with HK Girl Top Coat.


Of course I had to matte it using Essie Matte About You. So this isn't the greatest, not what I had planned but I think lefty did an alright job and was able to let righty shine....err...matte? :) Can I just say, it is really awkward trying to take a photo of your dom hand! I had no idea how to hole the polish bottle! So many awkward photos I had to sort through, so so many. Hahahahahaha!

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their manis!