Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Summer: The Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gas


"The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace, where hydrogen is built into helium and a temperature of a millions of degrees." - They Might Be Giants, Why Does the Sun Shine?

Today is day two of The Digit-al Dozen Does Summer and I decided to create the sun! Yes! Me! I have created the sun!

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/876/493/solar-flare-internal-424.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

See? It's the sun! Complete with solar flares!


Here is how the sun looks before it was matte-i-fied! I started with two coats of OPI The Thrill of Brazil. I then used Wet n Wild to create the nothingness that is space (two coats). I added SpaRitual Invention to the OPI to give it some sizzle! I used the OPI to also create the solar flares with SpaRitual over top. I then dabbed some Barielle Fire Me Up over the red to warm it up some more and added some more SpaRitual Invention. I used Milani White on the Spot and Barielle Cream 'N Sugar to create the hot spots on the sun (also added some SpaRitual over them too. I used Poshe Top Coat to seal it all up.

I liked it but I knew something was missing.


Enter Essie Matte About You. Now I love it! The sun is perfect for summer! Especially in Arizona, bleh! Too hot!


I hope everyone has a little earworm now! Muwahahahaahaha! I love this song!

Don't forget to check out what the other ladies are doing for summer!

 
Also check out this amazing group: Inspire Me Nails. This current challenge is Inspired by Weird and Wonderful Nature.