Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Lazy Blogger's 31DC: Inspired by a Movie


Inspired by a movie.........I really struggled with this one. Hopefully Emma had better luck! :) My creativity all used up until I remembered these stamping plates. 

Any guesses on the movie? Anyone?




Ah yes, A Knight's Tale. Such a good movie! I love Heath Ledger! 

I chose Color Club Mamba as my base because the movie poster had a lot of red in it. I stamped the jousting knights in Konad Black from Vivid Lacquer VL020. And the the stars are from Winstonia W107. 

I did a gradient of silver and gold BarryM Foil Effects to show that you can change your stars! :)

Don't forget to check out Emma's awesome nails over at Manicurity!

7 comments:

  1. Love the gradient effect with the stars, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, your stamping is excellent here, and I love the choice of movie too, not only because of Heath, but of course our favorite dinosaur-playing ginger pilot. I'm going to have to look into getting some Winstonia plates, because I keep seeing the cutest little images from them. Soon I'll have to allocate more than just a makeup pouch for my stamping kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Oh of course we mustn't forget him! :) I'm just to outgrow my box that I have my stamping plates in!

      Delete
  3. Wow, these are amazing! I just purchased some water slide nail stickers but I'd like to have an actual stamping kit sometimes soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Stamping takes practice, practice, practice. But you have more freedom than with stickers and decals and you can choose your colors and the variety is getting bigger each day! And it is so addicting!

      Delete
  4. I really need to learn how to stamp, I love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really not that hard, but to be a pro (which I am not) it takes a lot of practice. There's a facebook group called Adventures in Stamping. A great group of gals that would love to help you out and answer any questions, because we've all been there!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.