Thursday, June 20, 2013

Untried Polish Challenge: Three Colors


Day 3 of the Untried Polish Challenge and I chose to do a gradient nail accent! See! It's more than just a plain swatch! :)


Here is my mani without a top coat. I used 3 out of the 4 colors in the China Glaze Ombre kit: Wait Teal You See. (the fourth color has already been used, so therefore is not untried!). The three polishes I used were: Turned Up Turquoise, Aquadelic, and White on White.

Can I just say I love the satin finish of Turned Up Turquoise!

I painted two coats of each, with one coat of White on White for my accent nail base color. I then used the sponge in the kit to create the gradient on my accent nail. I am use to using a makeup sponge for this so China Glaze's porous one was interesting, I like the "texture" it creates!


I then added some HK Girl Top Coat! I loved how it turned out. I really loved the shimmer in Turned Up Turquoise!


See! Gorgeous shimmer!


2 comments:

  1. Turned up Turquoise is really beautiful! I'd forgotten about that one. That color actually matches the dress I have on today. It's white, turqouise, and black stripes and this is the same color as my stripes! I may have to do a mani to match now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.