Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Love and Heartbreak PLUS 31 Day Challenge 2013 Day 12: Recreate a Manicure


Wow! Today is the final day of the 31 Day Challenge 2013 (relaxed version). I cannot believe it's already over! I had so much fun (and stress!), saw many fabulous manis, and got to do a lot of nail art! One fabulous mani really stuck out to me and so I decided to recreate Emma, from Manicurity, Purple Rain. This is a dry brush purple loveliness that you all need to check out!

Just want to say thank you to Emma from Manicurity for putting the 31 Day Challenge together, creating the image, and breaking down the days to make it longer! Thanks! :)

As it is also The Digit-al Dozen Does Love and Heartbreak I decided to put a spin on it by adding some hearts! (in the colors of conversation heart candies!)


Here are my hearts all dry and waiting to be applied. I told you I abuse this technique of creating the extras on a sheet protector and then applying them to the nail. It's genius! The colors I used are: China Glaze Electric Beat, Color Club He Loves Me, Finger Paints Choco Mint, and Models Own Lemon Meringue. I also used HK Girl as a top coat to apply the hearts.


Here is my recreation of Emma's Purple Rain before I applied the hearts and love! :) I used OPI Funky Dunkey (dark) and OPI Planks A Lot. I alternated the colors for the base and then dry brushed the opposite color. I used China Glaze Material Girl as the glitter.

Don't forget to check out the others in The Digit-al Dozen and see what Love and Heartbreak has visited!


Also, don't forget to check out the other fabulous ladies doing their final day in the 31 Day Challenge 2013 (relaxed version)!



10 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.