Monday, January 9, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 9, Rainbow Nails

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly.........

Yep. That this is what I chose to do for rainbow nails. I wasn't sure at first what to do, but then I was came up with this and I love it! It took me a good couple of hours. This is my first rainbow attempt, my first free-hand picture (the blue bird), and my first clouds (I used paper towels!) What do you think? My little bluebird smeared a bit when adding Seche Vite over my nails. But now it looks like he is flying really fast! :)


The polishes on the left: Essence Prism@tic White, I used as my base coat for the entire mani, to add a little holo effect underneath. Essence You Belong to Me, I used for my thumb and pointer finger for the sky.
The polishes on the right: Color Club French Tip was used for my clouds. Essence Let's Get Lost, was used for the blue bird with Sally Hansen Black Out and Sally Hansen Crushed (shown in rainbow polish picture) as the eye and beak respectively.


These are my rainbow polishes I used. It's almost a Sally Hansen rainbow! (l-r) Zoya Sooki, SH Crushed, It's So Easy Stripe Rite yellow, SH Going Green, SH Blue Me Away, SH Deep Blue Sea, SH Deep Purple, and Orly Silver Prisma Gloss.

So much fun! I don't want to take it off! Here's another picture of the entire mani, but indoors with artificial light.


Don't forget to visit the other ladies and check out their rainbow nails with: Bec at Lacquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Emma at Manicurity, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis and April at Munia's Nails

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.